Updated: September 2019
2. User License
You agree that your use of the Services is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. You also agree: to comply with US law and local laws or rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Material, and regarding the transmission of technical data exported through the Services from the US or the country in which you reside; not to host, submit content to or use the Services without the consent of a parent, legal guardian or educational supervisor if you are under the age of 13 (a
“Minor”); not to use the Services for illegal purposes; not to commit any acts of infringement on the Services or with respect to the Services content; not to use the Services to engage in commercial activities; not copy any content, including death notices, for republication in any other publication, whether in print or on-line; not to create or maintain content in connection with the Services for or with any commercial or other purpose or intent that does not in good faith comport with the purpose or spirit of the Services, including but not limited to acquiring, designating, or choosing a website name or title, or website address or URL for resale or rental, depriving any family member or friend of a deceased person from establishing or using the Services in that person’s name, and linking to any commercial or other website from the Services; not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems from or through the Services; not to interfere with another person’s use and enjoyment of the Services or another entity’s use and enjoyment of the Services; not to use the Services for chain letters, junk mail, spamming, or use of distribution lists; not to upload or transmit viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; not to disrupt, interfere with, or otherwise harm or violate the security of the Services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Services or affiliated or linked sites,
- Harm from Commercial
You agree that the consequences of commercial use or re-publication may be so serious and incalculable that monetary compensation may not be a enough or appropriate remedy.
3. Services Content
- Nature of User
- User Representations and Warranties.
Each time you Submit Material to the Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right to Submit the Material, which means: you are the author of the Material, or the Material is not protected by copyright law, or you have express permission from the copyright owner to post the Material to the
- User License Grant to Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM
You grant Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM, its affiliates and related entities a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, publish, transmit, perform, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from all Material you provide to Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you authorize Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM to include the Material you provide in a searchable format that may be accessed by users of the Services and other websites. You also grant Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM and related entities the right to use your name and any other information about you that you provide in connection with the use, reproduction or distribution of such Material. You also grant Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM the right to use the Material and any facts, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques (“Information”) contained in any Material or communication you send to us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, promoting and/or marketing products and services. You grant all rights described in this paragraph in consideration of your use of the Services without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM does not claim ownership of Material you Submit to the Services.
- Disclaimer of Responsibility for
You acknowledge and agree that Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM does not control user- generated content, or Material Submitted to the Services and disclaims any responsibility for such Material. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM specifically disclaims any duty, obligation, or responsibility, to review, screen, refuse to post, remove, or edit any such content, or other Material. In addition, Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM, does not represent or warrant that any other content or information accessible via the Services is accurate, complete, or current. The price and availability of information is subject to change without notice. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of the Services.
- Review & Removal of
- Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM reserves the right (but disclaims any duty, obligation, or responsibility) to review, screen, refuse to post, remove in their entirety, or edit (at any time and without prior notice) any content or any Material available through the Services that Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM believes, in its absolute and sole discretion, may violate Sections 2(b), 3(a), or 3(b) above. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM also reserves the right (but disclaims any duty, obligation, or responsibility) to refuse to post, remove in their entirety, or edit (at any time and without prior notice) any content or Material available through or Submitted to the Services for any reason or no reason whatsoever, in its absolute and sole
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under US copyright law. If you believe in good faith that content or Material hosted by the Services infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM a notice requesting that the content or Material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, are presentative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM to locate the content or Material within the Services;
- the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the content or Material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Service should be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM 176 N Alessandro St #548, Banning, CA
Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM suggests that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA. We reserve the right to terminate the account of any user who is a copyright infringement.
4. Termination and Modifications to the Services
Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, suspend, or discontinue at any time, with or without notice, the Services (or any part thereof), including but not limited to the Services’ features, functions, look and feel.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THE SERVICES (WHETHER PROVIDED BY SHARING OUR STORIES TO SAVE LIVES, INC. TM, YOU, OTHER USERS, AND OTHER AFFILIATES OR THIRD-PARTIES), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MATERIAL, TEXT, PHOTOS, GRAPHICS, AUDIO FILES, VIDEO, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SHARING OUR STORIES TO SAVE LIVES, INC. TM DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES,EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT,
FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
- Limitation of Liability
- IN NO EVENT SHALL SHARING OUR STORIES TO SAVE LIVES, INC.TM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (EVEN IF SHARING OUR STORIES TO SAVE LIVES, INC. TM HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, IN ANY MANNER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES. SHARING OUR STORIES TO SAVE LIVES, INC.TM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, BROWSING OF, OR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL FROM THE SHARING OUR STORIES TO SAVE LIVES, INC.TM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY IN ANY MANNER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, AS WELL AS ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE PAGES OR ADDITIONAL WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SERVICES, FOR ANY ERROR, DEFAMATION, LIBEL, SLANDER, OMISSION, FALSEHOOD, OBSCENITY, PORNOGRAPHY, PROFANITY, DANGER, OR INACCURACY CONTAINED THEREIN. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL SHARING OUR STORIES TO SAVE LIVES, INC.’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED (A) THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO SHARING OUR STORIES TO SAVE LIVES, INC.TM, IF ANY, OR (B) $100 (WHICHEVER IS LESS).
8. Cancellation, Termination, Transfer, and Expiration of Account or Services
- You may cancel or terminate your password, account and/or use of the Services, with or without cause at any time, upon providing written notice to Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM If you cancel or terminate your account or any Services, or upon expiration of your account or service, your cancellation/termination/expiration will take effect Upon termination, your right to use your account or subject Services immediately ceases. Your notice to Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. of cancellation or termination must be sent via email at email@example.com or conventional mail to: Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM, 176 N. Alessandro St #548, Banning, CA 92220.
account or Services, Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM reserves for itself the sole right to determine whether or how to resolve such dispute, conflict or complaint, with or without factual or other investigation.
- Upon expiration, or cancellation or termination by either party, of your account, your password, and/or use of any Services, you will have no right to any Material or Information you Submitted, and Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM may temporarily or permanently block access to, remove, deactivate, delete, and discard all such Material or Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM accepts no liability for removed or deleted Material or information. In addition, any contracts (verbal, written, or assumed) with respect to your account, Material or Information you Submit, and/or use of any Services, will be terminated at Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM’s discretion. You agree that Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to any Services.
9. Permanence of Material
Subject to its suspension, cancellation, and termination rights and rights to remove Material, Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM represents that the Services content sponsored as “permanent” will remain available through the Services for the duration of Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.’s existence, unless: (a) the Services ceases to exist in whole or in part during the relevant period; or (b) acts or events beyond the reasonable control of Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM cause a deletion, loss of data, failure to store, or other interruption in or termination of the availability of the Services content that you sponsored, or any other service to which you subscribed. You may at any time ask Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM to delete without charge the Services content, or other service that you sponsored.
The consent of a parent, legal guardian, or educational supervisor shall be required before a Minor can use the Services. Use of the Services is confirmation that the person is an adult or a Minor who has received permission from a parent, legal guardian or educational supervisor to use the Services. A parent, legal guardian or educational supervisor will be responsible for any activities of a Minor in connection with the Services regardless of whether the Minor has received permission from the parent, legal guardian or educational supervisor to use the Services. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 et seq, as amended, Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM hereby notifies You that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist You in limiting material that is harmful to Minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the web site America Links Up.
11. Your Account, Password, and Security
- Some features of the Services may require you to register and/or create an account with Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM During this process, you must select an account designation and password and provide certain personal information to Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM, including a valid email address. In consideration of the use of Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, ’s Services, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form, and
- maintain and promptly update the personal information you provide to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof).
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account and password, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, and for any other actions taken in connection with the account or password. You agree to
- immediately notify Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your password or account, or any known or suspected breach of
security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password or credit card information; and
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or relating to your failure to comply with (a) and (b) or for any acts or omissions by you or someone else using your account and/or
12. Links and Farming
As a courtesy to you, the Services may offer links to other websites. Some of these websites may be affiliated with Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM while others are not. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM is not responsible for the contents of any website pages created and maintained by organizations independent of Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM Visiting any such third-party website pages is at your own risk. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM has no control of these third- party website pages, nor can it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of information in third- party website pages. Your use of such information is voluntary, and your reliance on such information should be made only after independent review. References to commercial products or services within any such third-party website pages do not constitute or imply an endorsement by Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM By using the Services, you acknowledge that Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM is responsible neither for the availability of, nor the content located on or through any third-party website pages.
SOSTSLtm and SOSTSL.ORGtm are common law trademark of Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM Such trademarks and other marks, logos, and names of Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM, used on or in connection with the Services may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not under Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.’s ownership or control. Furthermore, such trademarks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers or in any manner that disparages or discredits Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM All other trademarks not owned by Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM that appear in connection with the Services are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM
15. Third-Party Software
16. Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, and Limitations
- Headings &
- Contact Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM
For purposes of providing notice of cancellation or termination, contact Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM, 176 N. Alessandro St. #548, Banning, CA 92220