Updated: September 2019
2. General Information
3. Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable
When using the Services, you may be asked to provide, or you may choose to upload, certain personally identifiable information about yourself (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Personally Identifiable Information can include your name, email address, postal address, and other information that specifically identifies you. Categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect include:
- Identity Data, which includes names or other similar identifiers, and
- Contact Data, which includes email addresses, postal addresses, and telephone
We do not collect identity data or contact data from you unless you have voluntarily provided it to us. For example, you may provide us with Personally Identifiable Information when you subscribe to receive emails from us, fill in forms available through the Services, when you submit/post material, or when you contact us through the Services.We do not intentionally collect Personally Identifiable Information about children under the age of 13. Please see Section 6 on”Children’s Privacy.”
- Other Anonymous
Like most websites, sostsl.org also receives and records information on our server logs from your browser automatically and through the use of electronic tools such as cookies, web beacons, and locally shared objects (LSOs). Our server logs automatically receive and record information from your browser (including, for example, your IP address, and the page(s) you visit). The information gathered through these methods is not “personally identifiable;” i.e., it cannot be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person. Some browsers allow you to indicate that you would not like your online activities tracked, using “Do not track” indicators (“DNT Indicators”); however, we are not obligated to respond to these indicators.
4. How We Use Your Information
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information:
- We do not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Personally Identifiable Information you specifically provide may be used: to provide the Services we offer, to process transactions, for identification and authentication purposes, to communicate with you concerning transactions, security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services, to improve the Services, to do something you have asked us to do, to tell you of Services that we think may be of interest to you, to communicate with you regarding the Services, for the administration of and troubleshooting regarding the Services. Certain third parties who provide technical support for the operation of the Services (our web hosting service, for example), may need to access such information from time to time but are not permitted to disclose such information to
- comply with the law or with legal process (such as pursuant to court order, subpoena, or a request by law enforcement officials);
- investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation or the terms or policies of the Services;
- protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this the Services; or
- protect the personal safety or property of our members or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your )
- Use of Anonymous Information:
- Certain information that we collect automatically or with electronic tools or tags (such as cookies) is used to anonymously track and measure member traffic for the Services and to enhance your experience with the Services. For example:IP Addresses/Session Information. We occasionally may obtain IP addresses from members depending upon how you access the Services. IP addresses, browser, and session information may be used for various purposes, including to help administer the Services and diagnose and prevent service or other technology problems related to the Services. This information also may be used to estimate the total number of members downloading browsing the Services from specific geographical areas, to help determine which members have access privileges to certain content or services that we offer, and to monitor and prevent fraud and abuse. IP addresses are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive or comparable storage media on your mobile device. You
- We may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, retain the right to use and disclose aggregate information in any manner permitted by law. By way of example, Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM may use aggregate information for tracking demographic data and providing targeted content to make the Services more useful to our visitors. SOSTSL may share aggregate information with its content providers, sponsors, service providers, or other third parties to advance the goals of Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM and otherwise in fulfillment of our
5. PRIVACY ALERT: Your Postings are Generally Accessible to the Public
- Your own use of the Services may disclose Personally Identifiable Information or Personally Identifiable Information to the public. For example: Submissions and other postings to the Services are available for viewing by all our Please remember that any information disclosed on a non-restricted Service becomes public information and may be collected and used by others without our knowledge. You, therefore, should exercise caution when disclosing any Personally Identifiable Information in the Services.When you post a message or a tribute through the Services, your member ID or alias that you are posting under may be visible to our visitors, and you have the ability to post a message, tribute or story that may include Personally Identifiable Information.
6. Children’s Privacy
- Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, TM does not intentionally collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13, nor do we offer any content targeted to such children.
- In the event that Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM becomes aware that a member of the Services is under the age of 13, the following additional privacy terms and notices apply:
Prior to collecting any Personally Identifiable Information about a child that Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM has become aware is under the age of 13, Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM will make reasonable efforts to contact the child’s parents or legal guardians, to inform them about the types of information Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM will collect, how it will be used, and under what circumstances it will be disclosed, and to obtain consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian to collection and use of such information. Although Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM will apply these children’s privacy terms whenever it becomes aware that a member who submits Personally Identifiable Information is less than 13 years old, no method is foolproof. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM strongly encourages parents and legal guardians to supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help
provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other Personally Identifiable Information without parental permission. Personally Identifiable Information collected from children may include any of the information defined above as Personally Identifiable Information with respect to the general members of the Services and may be used by Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM for the same purposes. Except as necessary to process a child’s requests, Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM does not rent, sell, barter or give away any lists containing a child’s Personally Identifiable Information for use by any outside company. A child’s parent or legal guardian may request Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM to provide a description of the Personally Identifiable Information that Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM has collected from the child, as well as instruct Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM to cease further use, maintenance and collection of Personally Identifiable Information from the child.
8. Security Measures
The security and confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical,administrative, and physical security measures to protect guest information from unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no data transmissions over the web can be guaranteed 100% secure. Consequently, we are unable to control such uses of your posts, tributes or stories or Personally Identifiable Information and cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
9. Correcting or Updating Your Information
You may modify and correct Personally Identifiable Information provided directly to Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM in connection with the Services, if necessary. Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM offers members the following options for updating information:
- Send an email to us at email@example.com; or
- Send a letter to us via postal mail to the following address:
Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc. TM
176 N Alessandro St #548
Banning, CA 92220
10. Opt-Out Procedures
You may opt-out of receiving future mailings or other information from Sharing Our Stories to Save Lives, Inc.TM If the mailing does not have an email cancellation form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the type of information that you no longer wish to receive.
11. Third-Party Advertising and Ad Deliver
13. Additional Information
14. United States of America
15. California “Shine the Light law; California Civil Code Section 1798.83
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing at email@example.com.